"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

10.31.2011

Bazaar preview

Last year was my first experience selling at holiday bazaars. I did two, and loved them so much! I think because it's like playing store. Half the fun is setting up my table display, making it all pretty and organized. I was hooked. So I've officially signed up for one this year, and tomorrow I'm mailing my registration for another. 
The first one of the year is this coming weekend! And it's two days long! I love that idea. Same amount of work setting up, but two days worth of sales! Here are the details:
St. Paul of Damascus Lutheran Church
24510 SE Hwy. 212
Boring, OR 97089
Friday Nov. 4th 1pm-8pm
Saturday Nov. 5th 9am-4pm
Here's a link to the flier with more information.

So, naturally, I've been getting very crafty. I'll be bringing lots of new things to see how they sell! My absolute favorite things to make so far are wreaths!

I've always loved wreaths for all seasons. Especially unique ones. I have a fall one hanging on my door, a feather one in my living room, and usually we have several displayed around Christmas time- my favorite is a lavender beaded one. I know it doesn't sound Christmas-y, but it works with our decor! 


These twig wreaths are embellished with a variety of leaves, glittered pinecones, satin flowers, feathers, beads, buttons and tulle. 



These were such a refreshing creative outlet for me! Something different than my usual sewing. I've been having a blast with my glue gun.


This is a shabby chic fabric scrap wreath! Embellished with a bow and flower. 


I've seen tulle wreaths on pinterest lately and fallen in love with them. I just so happened to have a fair amount of peacock colored tulle lying around... thanks to my halloween bunco costume...


And you all know I love repurposing! So here is my first peacock tulle wreath. 


I just love it. I think a peacock Christmas would be fabulous.


While I was having fun making satin flowers I decided to make some hair clips. Here they are, clipped to my fall garland. So fun and glam!


Of course I'll also have my usual items: reusable snack bags, stuffed owls, tons of coffee cozies... and most likely ducks and beavers embellished onesies, super cute ironing board covers, embellished wipes cases, pretty sleep masks, maybe even a diaper cake or two! I just love making them. 
A great friend will be joining me and bringing her gorgeous knitted hats, baby headbands, and possibly little girls peasant blouses! 
Should be lots of fun. Come stop by if you're local! I'd love visitors! 

No comments: