"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

1.11.2011

Amy Butler Cosmo bag

This book was one of my favorite Christmas gifts this year:


Amy Butler's Style Stitches- an entire book of bags, totes, purses, clutches... with patterns and easy instructions for each one! I so want to make them all. I love making bags.

Here is my first project from the book:


The Cosmo bag!
Isn't it gorgeous??!
I used all Amy Butler fabrics because it just seemed appropriate. Also I love them. 


This bag used a fair amount of home deco weight fabrics plus tons of interfacing (6 1/4 yds!) so it wasn't terribly cheap to make. But I love it. And it was so.much.fun!
It has pretty little pleats on the front and back, and a button closure.


Outer side pockets...


lined in the cute accent fabric. 


And the huge inside, complete with four enormous pockets!


Here is the back, pleated to match the front. 
I made this bag hoping to use it as a large purse/diaper bag but didn't realize just how big it would be!


 Here it is next to my existing Oioi diaper bag, which is a pretty big bag already. It's really more of an overnight bag or big shopping bag. But I am using it anyway because I love it! 


And of course, I had to make a matching gathered clutch with the leftover fabric. These are so fun to make. 


It makes the perfect little wallet for my cards and (rare) cash, plus room for a lipgloss!



I think I'll try these next. A whole set of little zippered bags- 6 different sizes! I could find so many uses for them... :)

No comments: