"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

4.24.2010

Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival

Last Saturday was an absolutely beautiful (rare) spring day here in Oregon, so we decided to pack up the fam and head out to Woodburn for the famous tulip festival. It's about a 45 minute drive from good 'ole Sandy, but SO worth the trip! Well, until Ty had a monster of a meltdown an hour into our visit and we had to leave.... but that's not the point.
I can see through the wonder of facebook that pretty much everyone I know with kids visited the festival. It's a great place to take pictures! Now everyone's profile pic has tulips in it. Including mine. Sadly, due to said meltdown, I was not able to purchase a bouquet nor place my order for tulip bulbs. I think dragging a tired and cranky Ty to the car was more punishment for me than it was for him. I missed out on the yummy-looking, greasy yakisoba noodles, the craft booths, getting to hold an exotic bird in my hand, and my favorite- the gift shop. But we also skipped paying several dollars PER RIDE in the kids area, since this episode was pre rides, but thankfully, post tulip field photo session and cow train.
Anyway, it really was a fun day, and we got some great pics!
Ty, enjoying the cow train. He chose Mickey, of course, because of Mickey Mouse. Plus he was one of the few boy cows. Amazing how he can go from this happy to screaming fit in about 3 minutes. 

Ty took this photo of Mike and I! He did a pretty good job!




No comments: