"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

6.01.2010

Asian Salad with Peanut Vinaigrette


Here's a yummy salad I made for dinner tonight. Really easy and full of fresh veggies!
I tossed lettuce with cabbage, edamame, green onions, orange bell peppers, cilantro and radishes.

I love colorful salads!

Then I threw together a simple peanut vinaigrette:
Soy sauce
Rice vinegar
Cayenne pepper (a dash)
Cilantro (maybe half a handful?)
Splenda (or sugar)
Sriracha (or any hot sauce)
Peanut butter
Fresh ginger and garlic
Peanut oil
And used my immersion blender to blend it up, nice and creamy. I just added ingredients to taste, and adjusted as I blended. I found I kept needing more vinegar to make it as tangy as I wanted it. 



I tossed the dressing with the salad, topped Mike's with chicken I baked in an teriyaki marinade and mine with baked tofu. Then sprinkled it with toasted sesame seeds, chopped peanuts and wonton strips.

Pictured at the top is the chicken version, and here's my veggie one:
(without the wonton strips- I'm trying to cut back on carbs. No bread recipes for while!!)



No comments: