"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

6.02.2010

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

I was so excited to stumble upon this recipe while reading one of my favorite blogs, New Nostalgia. I've been meaning to look for a dishwasher detergent recipe, after having success with my homemade laundry detergent. Why buy it if I can make it? And this is ridiculously easy. Two ingredients. Both of which I had on hand from making my laundry detergent. Took me about 30 seconds to make. I love stuff like that.

You will need:

20 Mule Team Borax
Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda














Mix equal parts borax and washing soda. That's it!


















This container has a little pour spout (found it at Ikea-- love it!) so I just eyeball about 4 teaspoons.

The important thing is to use a rinse aid to prevent a film. I've been using vinegar; so cheap and works great!


I haven't had any spots on my glasses and all my dishes come out clean and fresh smelling.

1 comment:

Stacy Ito said...

Wow that's pretty amazing! I too have those on hand from making laundry soap! Thanks for posting this. How much detergent and vinegar do you use?