"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

6.18.2010

Homemade Hummus



This tastes so fresh, and is so much cheaper than store-bought! I could go broke buying hummus; it's one of my favorite things. So I was very excited to try this recipe, and it didn't disappoint!

Hummus

1 15oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 T fresh lemon juice
2 T tahini- optional (I just put sesame seeds directly in since I didn't have tahini... I think it tasted great!)
1 tsp ground cumin
sea salt
paprika

In a food processor, puree the chickpeas and garlic with the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, cumin and 3/4 tsp salt until smooth and creamy. Add 1 to 2 T water as necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika before serving.

I topped mine with some pine nuts; would also be great with chopped roasted red peppers.

No comments: