"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

7.06.2010

Cauliflower Kebabs with Spicy Lime Cream

These are the perfect veggie accompaniment for bbq night! They are surprisingly hearty and so delicious. Plus you can do most of the prep ahead of time... gotta love that! I'm pretty sure I found this recipe in Everyday by Rachael Ray.

1/3 cup mayo
2 T chopped cilantro, plus extra
4 tsp fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp chili powder, plus extra
2 lb head of cauliflower
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
sea salt
1/3 cup pecorino-romano cheese, finely grated

Combine first 4 ingredients in bowl.

Cut cauliflower into 2" pieces. In a large bowl, toss the cauli with the olive oil, sea salt and chili powder to taste ( I usually do these steps in the morning while the baby naps, and let the cauliflower marinate in the fridge all day). Thread 4 or 5 florets onto 10" skewers (I always soak them in water first to prevent burning, but I don't know if it really does anything).

Grill on medium-high, turning occasionally, until browned and crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.  Brush with the mayo mixture and sprinkle with the cheese and extra cilantro.

No comments: