"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

12.30.2010

Catching up

Wow.
I really didn't intend to take a month-long break from blogging! Is Christmastime crazy or what?
We tried to keep Christmas simple this year... Cut back a bit, keep it low stress, enjoy some unrushed family time. Somehow the simple never really happens though.
I did have a lot of fun sewing up a few gifts, however! I made a (Portland) Trail Blazers themed quilt for my brother, who's a huge fan.


I found the idea for this quilt design from a link on the make happy facebook page. You can find a free pattern pdf over at Made By Rae.


Beckham had to check it out, see if Uncle would like it.


I cut up a Blazer jersey for some of the accent pieces. Hubby's idea. Love it.


This is an insulated lunch bag I made for my mom. Forgot to take a pic before I gave it to her, but this is one she sent me of it in use!


And a cute little messenger bag for my sweet little cousin. For this one I used a free tutorial from mmmcrafts, click here.


Cute lining fabric! This was really fun to make!

This is Ty's new art apron:



I am loving this Dr. Seuss fabric. I made lots of different sized pockets for different little crafty things.

A couple girlfriends asked if I could make some doll carriers for their daughters, so here is what I came up for them. This was a challenge! But I enjoyed it!



Finally got to try my hand at some little rag quilts!


All these projects kept me busy! Plus I made a sort of crazy, last-minute decision to do a couple holiday bazaars this season. Literally had 3 weeks to prepare. But after one I was hooked! Did another one a couple weeks later. Stuff sold! This was very exciting and humbling for me! And something way cool happened at the second bazaar.... The owner of a local coffee shop stopped by my booth and asked if I would like to sell my coffee cozies in her shop!


This is one of the Christmas ones I made.


Fuzzy zebra...


...and of course, Oregon Ducks!

I brought 15 in to her the first day, and by the following day all but 4 had sold! So I brought 12 more, which sold in a day or two. All of a sudden I could barely keep up with demand! All my spare time was spent sewing these silly things! I knew the Christmas rush was a lot of it, and luckily sales have slowed a bit now that it's over. But I have another shop in town interested in selling them now (thanks Becky!), so I'm really excited about the potential. 

So that's what I've been up to! I've missed you all, and hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I know we did. Very busy but super fun. I'm looking forward to the new year ahead and all the promise it holds. 
Check back soon, I want to show you some of my cool new Christmas toys!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

My goodness, you've been busy! You're doing some really great things. I think 2011 is going to be a transitional year for you...I definitely see more sales in your future!