"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

1.19.2011

A very Wonka birthday

This weekend is Ty's birthday party with all his friends. We've been discussing it for months- it's necessary to plan ahead since his birthday falls three weeks after Christmas and neither of us have a creative bone left in our bodies. 


Ty himself came up with the idea for a Willy Wonka theme. He loves the movie. Both movies, really. I prefer the original. Mike wanted to make candy bar invitations with a "real" golden ticket inside, so this post is all his creative genius. I had nothing to do with it. Except cutting the edges of the tickets with my decorative scissors. 


He designed and printed "Tilden bar" labels in Wonka font on nice, thick paper. We had a tough time finding chocolate bars that are still wrapped this way, with the foil and separate paper wrapper. These are king size Hershey bars. 


The golden tickets are tucked inside the foil and printed on shimmery gold paper. Mike wanted to use gold foil. He likes everything to be authentic. But I love the way they turned out. 


He used the exact wording from the movie, and added Ty's "signature" to the bottom. 


Ty was insanely excited about these bars. Mike made him his very own and it just thrills him. He can hardly wait for his party. I'm so lucky to have such a creative husband!
We have some super fun things planned, and I have lots of baking and creating to do this week. I just love doing birthday parties for the boys! I'm excited to share it all with you! 

Leave a comment if you have any great Wonka party ideas! I'd love any suggestions!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Wow!! That's just amazing. I want you to be my parents.

Stephanie said...

Im searching Wonka things/themes as i am participating in a Chocolate Lovers Fling soon and teh theme is Wonka my very favorite movie. Something about all that fun candy and colors! I have a chocolate shop in Lewiston Me so I play in candy all the time. I just had to say those birthday wonka bars are AWESOME congrats on a great idea! Loved them. I thinking of maybe doing 1 giant candy bar for my centerpiece and making my own wrapper ( I used to do those ) and then raffling it off.But I jst had to post and say WOW impressive
Stephanie www.mainegourmetcoastalcookies.

Jenn said...

Where did you find the text for the contract?

That's a great idea - but all I can seem to find are partial versions (and I don't have the movie to watch!)

Drew Watts said...

Seems to be an excellent birthday party. Last month, I arranged my sister’s wedding anniversary party at one of lovely Seattle venues. Decorated venue with fresh flowers and hired a talented party caterer. It was a memorable event.