"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

4.11.2011

Quinoa and red pepper salad with sesame and ginger


I just love quinoa! It's a delicious little grain (actually a seed!) that you can do so much with. I especially like to make salads with it. Here's one of my new favorites:

1 cup uncooked quinoa (I buy mine in the bulk section)
1 diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup finely chopped scallions

dressing:
3 T sesame oil
2 T soy sauce
1 T rice vinegar
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 finely chopped clove garlic
salt and pepper

1. Place quinoa in saucepan with 2 cups water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Rinse with cold water or refrigerate until chilled. 

2. Whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with cooled quinoa, peppers and scallions. 

No comments: