"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

4.08.2011

Thai chicken salad bites


Ok, I can't actually tell you that these are yummy, seeing as how I won't eat them because of the chicken. But they sound fab! And look delicious! And hubby liked them! So there ya go.

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 T chili garlic sauce
1 T fresh lime juice
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 cups shredded or finely chopped cooked chicken breast
1/4 cup finely chopped roasted peanuts
2 T finely chopped fresh mint
2 T finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 cucumber, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds ( I used a spoon to hollow mine out a bit, and remove some seeds)

1. In a medium bowl, stir together oil, chili sauce, lime juice, sugar and ginger until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the chicken to coat. Stir in 2 T of the peanuts, the mint and cilantro.
2. Top each cucumber round with 1 T of the mixture, sprinkle with remaining peanuts.


I also spooned some of the mixture into some mini sweet bell peppers, then used the rest to top hubby's salad. I think it would also make a great filling for a wrap!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Adding this to next week's menu!