"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

9.26.2011

Beckham's rag quilt


I've wanted to attempt a rag quilt forever. I love the way the frayed seams look. This was one of those accidental projects, completely unplanned. One day I was killing time at one of my favorite craft stores and saw this line of cozy flannel fabric as I was walking by. I didn't need it for anything, and wasn't even shopping for fabric, but I fell in love and had to buy some fat quarters. 


I envisioned it as a rag quilt right away, but really thought I'd make a baby gift or something. But I loved the fabric too much and decided to make it for Beckham. As if he needs another blanket...


He loves it though!


He wouldn't leave it alone long enough for me to snap some pics! Oh well. They are cuter with him anyway. 


I backed it with some dark gray satin, and used the satin quilt binding as well. He loves satin blankies. 


I kept the quilting super simple- just two concentric rectangles. I wasn't really sure how to quilt around all those fuzzy seams. 


I love this funny little guy.


Can you see the ragged edges here? I washed it so they would fluff up a bit. I imagine it will get fluffier with each wash. I love this look!

No comments: