"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

4.21.2010

Asian Coleslaw

This coleslaw, or really more of a cabbage salad, has a great asian flavor. I like it best served immediately so it's nice and crisp, not mushy like store bought coleslaw. All measurements are approximate; feel free to improvise! I rarely measure when I cook!

Asian Coleslaw
serves 1 or 2

3 T mayonnaise
1 T sesame oil
2 T rice vinegar
1 tsp sugar (I use splenda instead)
1/2 bag angel hair coleslaw (or buy a head and cut it up yourself; this is just so cheap and easy)
3 or 4 green onions, chopped
toasted sesame seeds
1/2 package baked and marinated tofu- optional (I like pete's organic)

In a medium bowl, whisk together mayo, sesame oil, vinegar and sugar.
Add cabbage and toss to coat. Spoon onto serving plate; top with green onions and sesame seeds; add tofu if desired.

No comments: