"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

4.14.2010

Butterscotch frosting


This is fantastic on fresh banana cupcakes, and I imagine would be good on almost anything. Banana bread, cake, a spoon....

Butterscotch Frosting

1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
4 T milk
2 cups powdered sugar

Melt butter in saucepan, add brown sugar. Boil on low for 2 minutes. Stir in milk, bring to boil. Cool to lukewarm, gradually beat in powdered sugar. Beat until thick enough to spread.

Now, the first time I made this I got a bit impatient with the beating, and mine ended up more like a thick glaze- I put it into a zipper bag and cut off a corner, then drizzled it all over my cupcakes. Fab.
The second attempt, pictured, I got it nice and thick and still piped it on with a zipper bag, but somehow it reminded me of the maple frosting on top of a maple bar. Oh, yummmmm.....

No comments: