"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

4.14.2010

Fresh Banana Cupcakes


Have some bananas that are gonna go bad? Of course, banana bread is a classic way to use them up, but give these cupcakes a try. They're delicious! Especially with butterscotch frosting. :) I made them in my mini-muffin pan and they were perfect with coffee for a playdate with some mommy friends.

Fresh Banana Cupcakes

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with 12 liners (or spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray). In bowl, whisk flour, sugar, powder, soda, and salt. In another bowl mix butter, banana, eggs and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture- don't overmix. Spoon into muffin cups (I find that it's easier and cleaner to put my batter into a large zipper bag and snip off one corner- then pipe the batter into the muffin cups. Especially if you're using a mini muffin pan.).

Bake 25-30 minutes, or reduce by 10 minutes for minis. Cool, and frost.

No comments: