"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

4.14.2010

Socca




A socca is a mediterranean flatbread made with chickpea flour. It's delicious drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with cracked pepper. I make this a LOT when I'm trying to avoid carbs because I feel like I'm eating bread, but since its made of ground up chickpeas, its high in protein.




Socca

1 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour (I actually found this at Fred Meyer's in the natural foods section, Bob's Red Mill brand)
1 cup + 2T water
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cumin
1 1/2 T olive oil, plus more for griddle and drizzling

Whisk together flour, water, sea salt, cumin, oil.













Cover and let rest 2-3 hours at room temp. Preheat broiler, brush cast iron griddle with oil and heat under broiler for 2-3 minutes. Pour thin layer of batter on heated griddle (like a crepe).













Cook until firm and well-browned, 2-4 minutes.













Cut into wedges and serve hot drizzled with olive oil and black pepper (pictured above). I also love to serve it with toppings like tomatoes, goat cheese and basil, pizza style.


No comments: