"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

4.14.2010

Homemade brownies

Seriously, these are so easy! I don't know why I made brownies from a box for so long! Well, actually it's because I once got about 10 boxes almost free on a coupon deal... someone had to eat them!
Brownies are one of the few desserts my husband really loves, so I like to make them from scratch, now that I know how simple it is. And they really taste so much better.

Brownies

2 cups sugar
1 1/2 sticks melted butter (that's sticks; so 3/4 of a cup)
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x9 pan. (I saw somewhere that you can cut a piece of parchment paper to fit your pan but hang over 2 of the edges, then pour in the batter. That way you can just lift the brownies out of the pan after baking and then cut them. Don't know why I haven't tried this. ) Combine sugar, butter, salt. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Stir in cocoa and flour. Pour in pan, bake 25-30 minutes.

That's it! Simple! I wonder if these would be good with the butterscotch frosting....

No comments: