"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

6.08.2010

Homemade Peanut Butter

So simple! I can't believe I haven't tried this before. All you need is a food processor and some dry roasted peanuts!

Pour about two cups of peanuts into the processor bowl. 


Turn it on and process for about a minute and a half. After about 30 seconds it will just look crumbly, like this:


 

Then after about one minute all the natural oils start to come out:


And finally: fresh peanut butter! Yum!



And so healthy! No unnecessary ingredients. You can add a little honey or sugar if you like, but I think it tastes awesome just like this. I'm going to store mine in the fridge because I'm not sure how long it will last without all the preservatives of store-bought peanut butter. I can't wait to try making some other nut-butters! And does anyone have a recipe for Tahini? I wonder if it's just the sesame seeds, or if you need other ingredients...




No comments: