"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

8.05.2010

Cheesy corn dip

This dip is so easy to throw together. You really can't mess it up. I change it a bit every time I make it depending what I have on hand. Wish I could come up with a more glamorous name, however...
Serve with crackers, pita chips, tortilla chips, veggies-- whatever you have in the pantry! Great on bagel crisps too!

About a half-cup each of sour cream and mayo (light, if you want to up the healthy factor)
small can of diced green chilies
one ear of corn cut off the cob (or sub frozen as I did in these photos)
diced shallot or red onion
a few squirts of hot sauce (I like to use chipotle tabasco for a smoky flavor)
a tablespoon or so of cumin
maybe some salt and pepper
sometimes I throw some fresh jalapeno in there if I have one....


 Then just mix it all up, and add a couple big handfuls of a nice, sharp cheddar.


Stir together...


Top with diced sweet bell pepper (red is pretty, but I had a yellow one today)


Yum, yum!

No comments: