"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

9.04.2010

A little anniversary reminiscing...

Today Mike and I celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary.
Our wedding day, the Saturday of Labor Day weekend that year, was cool and windy with a threat of rain.  I remember being freeeezing standing up there, wishing the pastor would hurry up! But the wind made for great photos! Hair and veil and dress blowing in the breeze...
The rain actually held off until we all made it inside for the reception. And of course the next day, which we spent on a plane, was 80 degrees and sunny. Figures. 
It was a great day, though.  We had a ball planning the whole thing, and I love looking back at our photos and reminiscing. Here are a few I thought I'd share!

My place setting (we decorated our wine glasses with black and pink feathers... love them) 



Ah, so pretty... Love the pink... :)


We brought in the chandeliers to hang. And the piano. And pretty much everything else. 


Handsome. 




The girls and I 


I sewed our ring pillow and trimmed it with black ostrich feathers.


Our beautiful flower girl!






The beautiful flower girl, melting down




"Nice dress, honey!" He didn't see it until the wedding. :)



And our awesome honeymoon!

That was fun. Thanks for letting me share. :) 

2 comments:

Marisa said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing. You looked gorgeous, Genelle, and what a beautiful wedding! Where did you hold the reception?

You two look so happy...and so present. Lovely!

Genelle said...

Thanks Marisa! The wedding and reception were held at Willamette Valley Country Club in Canby. We got married out on the lawn, then moved inside for the reception. Fun, fun day. :)