"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

9.18.2010

A week of Ruby: day 2

Next project!

Drumroll please.....

A nursing cover! These are so hard to photograph!! I just can't figure out how to hang it or set it so you can tell what it is. So I'm telling you: It's a nursing cover.


Pretty fabric, right?
It's called Mocca (yes, mocca, not mocha) by Alexander Henry. I've had my eye on it for a long time, and hope she likes it as much as I do!


Nursing covers are so easy. Big rectangle, piece of boning, strap with d-rings, and presto! I've actually worn mine out completely... it has holes in it and the boning is coming out. It's been well loved and has been one of the most useful things with Beckham! I don't think these had been "invented" yet when Ty was a baby. Sure would have been nice.


Ok, you can kind of see the top here- the boning at the neckline makes it bow out so mom can see baby and baby can see mom. :)


I added little chenille pockets for emergency spit-up... and a place to tuck nursing pads or a pacifier. I can't tell you how many times I grabbed my cover and used it as a burp rag. 


Come back tomorrow! I'll be posting something very fluffy and girlie!

No comments: