"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

11.25.2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

My family's Thanksgiving tradition is to watch 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' every year, sometime before Thanksgiving day. Without the children, of course. Mostly due to the one particular scene at the rental car counter. If you haven't seen this movie, it's dated but hilarious! We have so many inside jokes and quotes from that movie. 


I just wanted to share a few specific things that I'm feeling very thankful for this year. Cliche`, yes... but this is my blog so I can be cheesy if I want. :)

Every day (even long days with cranky kids) I feel so blessed to get to stay home and raise my children myself. I love the time with them, I love cooking for my family every day, I love spending time at Ty's school, and having the time to do the things I always wanted to do (like crafts! and this silly blog!).

I am so incredibly thankful for my amazing husband, who works so hard for us. Even though things have been frustrating for him at work because of the economy, he still puts his all into it. He finds ways to be creative and keep it fun. He supported my dream of being a stay-at-home mom, and sacrifices constantly so we can make it happen. 

I am overwhelmingly thankful for my healthy, happy, beautiful boys. What a blessing from God. They keep me humble, make me crazy, and inspire me to be a better person. They make every day an adventure, they make me laugh, they keep me young. 

I am thankful that my entire family lives within about a 30 mile radius. Two sets of grandparents, parents, tons of aunts, uncles, cousins, and cousins' kids (second cousins? I never can figure that out...), in-laws, nephews and niece! I can't imagine being separated from my family by distance, and feel so blessed that we can see each other anytime.

I am thankful for my health, my God, my home, my friends... but also for small things like hobbies I enjoy, great food, a little snow, Christmas music, and funny movies. 

Happy thanksgiving to you and yours!

No comments: