"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

6.27.2010

Ten tasks- progress

Ok, I'm a tiny bit disappointed in my lack of progress so far. 

Should I make excuses? I could... I have a few good ones. But who doesn't, right? I think I'll focus on the positive instead. 

I've purchased fabric to finish Ty's quilt, but of course I bought the last of what they had and it isn't enough. I'm hoping they will either get more in soon, or I can find the same fabric at a different store. But at least I decided what to buy, and I have some of it! So I checked that off my list. 
This is what I have so far. The border and backing is what I still need... I went for a black flannel since it's for his bed. 

Today my husband made the cleaning solution for our patio cushions. I would share the recipe but it didn't work. So you probably don't want it. I'm really sad about this! We have some great lounge chairs that I really like, but the cushions just look terrible. 
Here's the before:
And the after:


Hmm, I guess it's a tiny bit less green. 
I'll keep doing research and see what else I could try. Any suggestions would be great!

I planted my new lettuce. It's looking a bit wilted but it's in the (slug-free!) garden and I'm sure it will perk up!


I've found a free online pattern for my coffee cozy... and it's gonna be CUTE! I also have the fabric and all the supplies... just need to sit down and get to sewing!


I'm really wishing I would have added canning to my list! Yesterday we made our own pickles and canned them! 

And today, we went berry picking and made strawberry jam. 



Both of these projects were a bit time-consuming, and I would have loved to cross them off my list! Oh well, I'll call them a bonus. :)

I also made another buttercup bag as a gift, and I love this one!
Really need to work on one for myself, they are just so cute!
Yeah, I know this wasn't on my list either, but it makes me feel like I accomplished something, so I'm just going with it. 

Check back soon for another update! I'm going to show off the inspiration for my mysterious sign!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh my goodness, that jam looks DEE-licious! Sounds to me like you've been keeping busy. :) Wish I could help with the patio furniture - - our back deck is trying to turn green too.

cherry said...

homemade pickles and jam oh my they look yummy !!
how about some terrycloth slipcovers for your loungers ? Great job on everything !
hugs from Savannah, Cherry

acorn hollow said...

Well you have been busy! the pickles and jam are beautiful. Not sure if you can use bleach on the fabric but I would use watered down bleach with a little dish detergent in it. Or was that what your husband made and didn't work?

Kelly @ PatchworkAndPaperPiecing said...

Love the fabric for your coffee cozy...can't wait to see the finished product! The purse is adorable too!

Genelle said...

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
Terrycloth slipcovers... great idea! I do love a good sewing project. :)
And maybe I'll have to try a diluted bleach spray on our cushions...
The recipe we used was borax, dish soap and water. I may try fels naptha soap on a scrub brush... I read somewhere that it works well.